Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chinese New Year Eve

I am in Singapore, Woodland to be exact which is my cousin's house, I am writing this post in my bed at the living room while my family are all well asleep. They are rather exhausted as their journey to Singapore had been extended for a few hours due to a diversion to Kuala Lumpur.

They arrived Johor Bahru about 10:40 and reached Singapore around 1300, which they should be arriving Singapore a few hours earlier. 

I went to Lawrence's place in woodland to meet them up. When I first saw them waiting in the garden in Wood Grove, they looked rather knackered.. After settling down, they had a short nap in Lawrence's place, showered and then head straight to Orchard Road. 

When we arrived at Orchard, we found most of the Chinese Stalls are closed already. Even the most important one in ION Orchard (Food Hall) was closed. :(

 ION Food hall was closed, that will give us a clear sign that most of the chinese food related food stall along the street are most probably closed. 

Without hesitating, we head straight to the nearest Macdonald's located in a pinoy populated area. That is probably the only place alive at that moment. The entire restaurant was packed with pinoys. 

For the sake of prosperity,  I ordered a few prosperity meal and we all shared among ourselves. Surprisingly, the burgers were not too bad. Especially the twister fries.

It is quite a memorable Chinese New Year's Eve for me.

Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment