Tuesday, August 2, 2016

July review and a 3 months look ahead

So let me start with what I had achieved in July 2016, and what actions I took.

  • We moved our room, negotiated with Roger and saved $200 on a monthly basis. 
  • We made dumplings at home and Jenny baked Macarons
  • Scanned our baby and mother checkup at Thompson hospital
  • Planned our financials together as a couple
  • Jenny applied her PR
  • We eat at home more often. 
  • We attended John C Maxwell Leadership Seminars about "Intentional Living"
  • Announced our baby arrival to our close friends. 
  • Started to read a book by Ku Swee Yong "Weathering A Property Downturn"
  • Attended VIC in SGX with CCY. It was an informative and entertaining session. We were sitting on the stairs. 
  • Attended Jim Rogers' Masterclass session and asked him a few questions about investing and money making. 
  • Took a photo with Jim Rogers
  • Went to a baby Fair to do some research with Jenny
  • Celebrated Anthony's birthday with our close friends. 
  • So that is some of the key activities I have done for July 2016. I am very grateful with all these happening to me now, and I am looking forward to continual learning session. 

1.    Health


  • My Weight- There is a slight rebound from 76kg to 80kg recently. Due to holiday in Switzerland and Germany which I ate uncontrollably. 
  • Will have to replace one meal with my protein shake
  • Push up 50 times

2.    Myself


  •  I have got my Singapore PR. Hoorah! 
  •  Will be meeting Jon for a session about insurance this coming week
  • Attended interesting seminars with great audiences. Jim Rogers, John C Maxwell. 
  • Pareto's Law is important. Focus on the top 20% to bring 80% of the results. 

3.    Finance/Investment


  • Share investing knowledge with Joey Ting and Wilson Tsen. Glad to have peers joining me this adventure. 
  •  Properties in Malaysia had been put on hold.  Follow up with Mau or any agents in Malaysia
  • Holding through Oil. USO is nearing $9 now. 
  • Thinking to convert some of the money into USD to trade in US market now.
  • I will also be attending synapse trading with CCY this coming 22/8

4.    Relationship


  • Baby will due this coming January. Hopefully before Chinese New Year.So far, our baby is healthy and very active too. We saw him doing a Headstand during one of our scans.
  • This year we have 3 weddings to attend. Choi Mei's, Veronica and Wilson. 
  •  Co-work a website with my younger brother now. 
  • Bought a Canadian .999 silver coin for my younger brother. 

6.    Family


  •  Going home this coming month end and will be able to spend some time with them. 
  • Mum seems to have some argument with Dad about business recently. 

7.    Business


  • Put on hold at the moment.

8.    Travel


  • Kota Kinabalu in August, Hong Kong in September.   






No comments:

Post a Comment