Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Overbooked my social session

Saturday's evening, looking at my polo watch, it shows 8:15pm.  after the last pile has been casted on my site. I walk switftly heading towards the nearest MRT station, Marcpherson, which is about 10 minutes away. My trousers are tainted with dried mud and silt. I was imagining the picture of myself in Orchard Road or Somerset later in a  luxurious korean restaurant gathering with Foh and Choimei.At that particular moment I feel so out of the picture. Worse, I am way behind the schedule., the dinner suppose to be at 0830 which had been delayed from 6pm due to my sudden overtime instructed by my employer, and I am still 10 minutes away from the nearest MRT station.

Upon reaching Somerset MRT station, I just realised that Nolboo Korean restaurant is located on the 8th floor of Orchard Central. -.-!

Although I took the escalator, I still sweat! It isn't a pleasant experience at all. 8 floors of escalator in one go is quite tiring. :)

When I walked in Nolboo restaurant, I heard my name being called almost instantaneously. "Jason!!" Looked around most of the empty tables, I found Choi Mei and Foh sitting on one of the 5 person compartment. I walked swiftly towards the table and greeted them while I was still panting heavily after floors of escalator.

They took the menu out, and started order at about 0910, I decided to let them have a go with the ordering as I am still recovering from my breathlessness.

Catching up with Foh and Choi Mei would be my first encounter to have us sitting on one table catching up together. However, the topics in all our conversation are so tightly connected, maybe because the social circle that we have got are pretty much overlapped. It was not too long when ChingHui and his GF, Eugene appeared. We continued our dinner until the restaurant was about to close. I think I was slightly tipsy by then, not because of the drink, (as far as I remember, I didn't drink on that occasion) but because of the excitement of what we had discussed over the Korean cuisine at the dining table.

After our meal at orchard central, chinghui suggested to drink at KPO, a bar about 5 minutes walk away
from Nolboo restaurant. KPO is two storey, modern, dimly lighted barp. We were seated in the ope in area on the landscape deck of the building. Drinking our night away in the heart of the lion city. Catching up with Foh, Choi Mei, Ching Hui, Eugene and LALA.

I will not put our conversation into details for now. Maybe in the future, when I am a better writer and also a listener.

No comments:

Post a Comment