Saturday, March 17, 2012

St Patrick's day @Clark Quay

6 o clock evening Friday, changed my shorts and shoes
as such to leave my work area for a long anticipated tempura dinner in Ten restaurant at Clark Quay with Serene, Chai Ann, Chong Yang and Serene's ex hostel mate in Australia, Andrew.

Just before I turned off my laptop, I saw a notification on the taskbar from my immediate boss David Tay.
The email was sent with a high priority ( from the first day onward, all emails from my boss were all high priorities, maybe that is the nature of it.)
Come back to it, The email was about an incident happened on the other site....... bla bla bla

I wanted to ignore the email and pretended that I was already off work until I saw a strings of words highlighted in red which is as well capital letter. saying that: "All REs are not Allowed to leave site until all concreting works end. period."

Looking out the window from my site office, I can clearly see one of the draw pit has not been cast.

Confused and agitated. When I was still wondering what should i do, I instinctively grab my phone out and whatsapp the tempura dinner group that I will be an hour late. period. :(

I decided not to take the risk as I am still under probation, I had been neglecting my friends in a selfish attempt to pursue a career and my last hour in the office on Friday had cost my dear friends waiting over a dining table in Clark quay for an hour. More worryingly, I found this phenomenon is getting common. I am always the last one to arrive.

Having said that,  we had a peals of laughter, I enjoyed the sober companion immensely.

We basically talked about lifestyle, friends, past, future and some cold jokes.

Serene was blushed all over her face after she drank a few cups of hot green tea. She also complained about   being hot and took off her jacket. Andrew did crack a lame joke on serene about how girls are meant to be hot. It was pretty lame at the time, but as a matter of fact, girls are pretty hot sometimes. xD

Moving on, after we finished our tempura dinner, we walked around Clark Quay. Hotspot for Singapore Party Girls (SPG) on a typical Friday night....................

No comments:

Post a Comment