Saturday, June 22, 2013

Midweek romance

After work, I went to Novena for a quick shower.

I got a date with Miss J around 0815. She was like a few minutes earlier and got behind me while I was checking the directory in front of Novena's Burger King. 

She was wechatting with her mum in Hong Kong. I said hello to her and gave her a little pat on her back. 

I guess, I told her that I will be just having a cup of tea around her place and would call it a day. It was a hazy day. NEA announced Pollution Standard Index (PSI) to reach about 300 when she was literally walking towards Novena square from her place to meet up with me. 

She said she wanted to drink a milky tea and immediately she brought me to an old town cafe in Novena which is next to 7-Eleven. It is a place where we would come across in the morning when I go to gym and Miss J rushed to catch a bus. 

The old town was rather crowded and little bit too bright to my liking. Perhaps, I prefer somewhere dimmer and more romantic. 

She ordered an ice-cream and a milk tea while I ordered old town's wholemeal bread kaya toast and a cup of black tea. We were both in our work attire. The setting is rather different from what we normally have. I guess, our interaction in old town is a little bit more formal. Maybe is because of the lighting and ambiance.

I still prefer somewhere more romantic.

Understanding that her love towards Cold Stone creamery. I suggested to go the one we wanted to go last weekend. The one in Somerset, the one with a long queue.

Immediately, we took MRT to Somerset. This would be my first MRT ride with Miss J after going out with her for a few times. I guess, we have yet to go out together for too many times.

Upon reaching Cold stone Creamery, we queued up for awhile in a hazy queue outside. While we were talking about things while queuing. Suddenly, she puts her hands on my neck, and started to speak with me. I think she nailed this move really well. After our conversation, by the time is our turn to order, we ordered cheesecake fantasy, which is Miss J's favourite. Although I am not a big fan of cold stone, but I must admit that cheesecake fantasy is not too bad of a choice. Especially, when they have got fresh Blueberries and Strawberries in it.

After our ice cream session, we walked towards no.5 which is opposite the road. I always enjoy walking with miss J. I think is because that is the time when I can officially hold her hands. (Yes, I am laughing at myself while writing this.)

So I always create opportunities to have a small walk. Not too long as it would be sweaty and tiring. Just a brisk walk would be fun! A little bit of planning would be essential.

After reaching no.5. I ordered Early Grey Martini while she ordered a glass of diet coke. The setting inside no.5 is so much more romantic than cold stone and also old town. I guess this is the setting I am looking for that night. Despite the hazy night. PSI was like 300 ++, We eventually started to talk about personal things.

We played some peanuts game and called it a day around 12 o clock as both of us would need to work the next day.



No comments:

Post a Comment