Thursday, September 1, 2016

A quick review on things happened in August

There is nothing much in August that I had achieved except attending Synapse's introductory course with CCY. Learned a bit about some basics about tradings, tools, candlestick chart and some of the website and resources traders used. I found that trading is not my tea yet, which I felt I need to be more focus on Value investing. Maybe for myself, I am just now mentally prepare yet. 

I also attended Patrick's Seminar about the capital mechanism. He talked about IPO and how he did business with his network here in Singapore. It was truly an enjoyable seminar though I need to leave early for Jenny's ultrasound scan at Thomson medical centre with Dr Beh. 

I also attend BBQ for Karen's farewell at David's place. Alex came and fetched us with our luggage which we put inside his car. I mistakenly took over the bbq the whole night and missed conversation between the bankers and some rich dudes making money secrets. 

I guess I am very outdated nowadays, sticking to traditional occupation and earning a meagre amount of money. Construction is not as interesting as before, pay is low and working hours is long. There is nothing much I can share from my personal experience. 

One interesting part that I did in August is to fly back KK for veronica's wedding and to meet my family with Jenny. This time round flying back is a lot more relaxing and lighthearted. I guess is because previously we were busy with preparation of our wedding. It is good to see so many old friends in veronica's wedding. Victor and Jonathan make up a beautiful video of all of us greeting veronica and steven. I remember Veronica walked towards me for a photo session immediately after the video. Truly honour to see her getting married to someone that is kind and gentle like steven. Truly felt happy for her. 

I also spend most of our free time in Kota Kinabalu with my family. We brought some of the food back for them and also some of the good stuff. It is so good to spend time with family. Not to forget, Major, my younger brother pet at home. We spend a good time with him while we were at home. 

While we were on our way back to Singapore from Kota Kinabalu, we heard about haze from Riau and also Zika virus in Singapore. We bought a 2  mosquito trap/killer, DEET-free mosquito repellent and some N95 mask. Jenny is now working from home for the time being.

So grateful that he is working in an international company which allows a lot of flexibility on the working hours and location. 

No comments:

Post a Comment