Friday, June 18, 2010

Hair Salon Experience

Its 23:25 now; I am listening to Eeffie's song list; she fell asleep half an hour ago;I drank half a bottle of white;I think the mood is just right for me to drop some words in my blog.

I need a hair cut today, as I am going for my passport application this coming Monday in London, I would like to look neat in my passport picture.
I was roaming around Chichester Street today, trying to find an average hair salon.
Chichester is a posh town; to be honest I can't find any barbers around, only hair salon.
Walked into a random salon, asked for the price, it's a price that I could never imagine, but I decided to give it a try. After checking their availability, they decided to slip me in.
I was ushered into a studio, and there is a lady took my jacket away from me. From this moment, I felt pampered and also nervous, as I don’t know what to expect next.
Then, a young blonde hair dresser came in, her name is called Kelly, she shook my hand, introduces herself to me, and chatted with me for awhile. She is very good at what she was doing, confident and professional. I was then offered a hair wash, and also a short head massage by another girl; that is when I started to feel comfortable with this kind of services. I closed my eyes, and almost slept through the entire process.
I went back to my seat after my hair wash, I was offered food and drink before Kelly starts cutting my hair. (I didn't eat whatever they offered, as I am still a bit nervous. -.-!!)

Kelly started flying her scissors around my head and I am trying hard to read the magazine in front of me to pretend I am cool. The whole experience is bit awkward to me, probably I am just not used to it, she tried very hard to chat with me to make me feel more comfortable as I am sure that she would have notice I am a first timer.
But she is pleasant and chatty, which I think it's quite a comfortable experience to be able to sit down and wait until my hair cut is done.

Walking out from the hair salon, I felt much more confident and comfortable.

This is my first hair salon experience in England.
Satisfied.
Here you go, xD.

2 comments: