Thursday, June 24, 2010

Passport renewal in London

I reached London central about 1030 in the morning, took a tube to Hyde Park Corner station, which is the nearest station to Malaysian Embassy London.
While I was approaching Malaysian embassy's building, I could literally feel like walking on a street in Malaysia; the sun is soaring high above the blue sky and I started to sweat. Double think for an instant, to make sure that I am still in England. As a hint of Ikan Billis from the canteen inside the building would again assure that I am in the right place.

Without wasting any time, I rushed into the reception to get my queue number, I was 1st greeted by a Malaysian Chinese lady behind a classy oak high table in a very fluent Manglish; the entire situation is like a déjà vu, very very familiar to me.
Scanning all the people around the waiting hall really brought me all the way back to any waiting halls in Malaysia. I felt happy for a second (to see so many Malaysian in one sight), but realised that there were all in front of me, waiting. -.-!!
People were smiling at each other much more often than usual, probably because it’s a rare occasions where we could see so many Malaysian in a foreign country or maybe the Nasi Lemak outside the waiting hall is triggering our sense of humour.
Not very long after I found myself a comfortable seat in the waiting hall; Aunty next to me started to chat with me, and also introduce her son to me as well. We started to chat all our way through, for about 2 hours, until Portugal vs North Korea started to appear in a very small screen in front of the waiting hall, I was called in. It’s my turn to submit my passport.

Surprisingly, I could get my new passport in 2 hours time after I’ve submitted my application. This quick application saved me a lot of time, and effort. Thumbs up for Malaysian Embassy London.

No comments:

Post a Comment