Saturday, March 9, 2013

Grandma

My grandma passed away on 8/3/2013. I was told by my cousin this morning while I am on my way to work .

A sudden urge of crying,i can feel both my eyes filled with tears. Fading memories flashed in my mind reminds me how powerful my grandma used to be. She is one of the strongest women at her age I have met in my entire life. She could controls the WONG family. Especially her beloved son & daughters. She somehow has this special power in herself to arrange things in the entire family. Sometimes, my father do have to attend what they call a family meeting. It is amazing how she has got so much power within the family tree. 

There are things I would like to write down on this blog is the time I spent with her when I was in Sabah. 
Every Saturday, she will go to her favourite salon in Sinsuran. Sometimes, I would basically become her Chauffeur for half a day. Basically to fetch her from my uncle's place and drop her in her favourite salon. I guess she would like to present her self at her best in church. Apart from that, she could catch up with some of her friends, who were in the salon as well. I guess my grandma is bringing the trend. She is rather influential. 

After that, she would buy a few biscuits from a nearby bakery shop and bring home for tea time. She always buy some for me. despite I am rather overweight that period of time. Occasionally, she would give me some pocket money for driving her around in the morning. Sometimes, we would go to some coffee shop, sit down and enjoy a quick lunch together. My favourite Kon Lau Mee with her near Damai would be a nice place to have our lunch. After lunch, I would drop her off, and will see her around again at night. 

Every Saturday, we would bring her out for a dinner, this has become our weekly ritual, and my parents would bring her to her favourite restaurant in KK for a meal. there, we always talk about interesting stories of life. 

I guess, these are part of the stories, that I would like to record it down at the moment. 

RIP grandma.Love you. x

No comments:

Post a Comment