Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Easter Sunday @ Serene's place

It was a long weekend for people in Singapore, although I had to work during holiday, but our group organised a hang out session at serene's place on Sunday. After the property fair at orchard hotel at 10am Sunday. I went straight to Serene's place as CCY just got back from Kelantan for a short trip, and brought some delicacy from Kelantan as usual. It was 31 March 2013. Easter Sunday!

Not just that he brought the meal back from Kelantan for us, he started preparing on his own in serene's kitchen. How touching to have such a wonderful friend that would thought of us while he is back home. If I would like to compare myself to him, I think I am a selfish bastard.

That afternoon, we had Satay, Special rice, Curry fish and some fresh vegetables. I forgotten how many juicy and tender satay I had, all I remember now is that my scale did not go west after all the gym session these days.

After our lunch, we hang around at serene's place and serene's dad started to share property knowledge to us. Until today, I am very grateful to have a mentor in property to teach us how to invest in a property. Serene's dad started to invest during his university years England. He bought a council house for a few thousand pound and rent it out to students.At that time, he started to collect some rental income already.  According to serene's dad, that is when he understand the importance of investing. Although he started off with his parent's money, he had been investing since then.

He then moved on to Australia, he bought a unit in Australia after selling off the property in UK. I guess, I should have recorded down what he had told us that day. Somehow, It seems that I had forgotten part of the stories already.

After sharing his life experience with property, we started to talk about property in JB Malaysia. He advised us not to buy any service apartment in JB at the moment due to the over supply of property in the coming years. His consultancy firm dealt with 10k ++ units at the moment, I guess he has some of the insights on properties in JB. He advised us to buy a old home with land, but this could only be done with quite a large amount of capital. Unless a few of us pool the capital to buy the home as investment.

After our property sharing session at serene's place, we went off for a basketball session near serene's place. With serene's dad being the MVP of the court, the basketball session became very intense and fun. I guess we were all shocked to see how serene's dad scored most of the points.

After our basketball session, tun zheng, serene's brother prepared mexican meal for us. We had banana leaf grilled chicken, cactus salad, and some pork soup. It was a warming dinner, to be able to dine with Yeo family on Easter Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment