Friday, July 12, 2013

Birthday 2013

I know this post has been delayed, my birthday is on 30 June and I only got time to write down them all today. This is because I have been busy with my work in that period.

"I just landed" a text from Miss J.

I was smiling mhyself when I think of Miss J changed her flight ticket just to come back Singapore to celebrate my birthday with me.

" Happy birthday" it was 00:06 when she text me. Again, I was smiling when I was reading the text. But because my phone was dead, I can only read her text on the next morning.

She then called and said "Good morning, in her Cantonese ascent and said Happy birthday to me!"

Before I could even open my eyes completely, I started to smile and replied " Thank You, it is very nice to hear your voice in the morning."

We chatted for a while, and she invited me for an impromptu brunch with her. I didn't hesitate and get changed immediately. I then took the MRT to Novena, and walked to her place.

I was standing in front of her place while she is preparing herself for the day. When we met, we hugged each other and grabbed a taxi from Akyab road to Keppel Bay Prive for brunch. The place is famous for its ambiance, eggs benedicts, brunch at reasonable price.

After our beautiful al fresco brunch at Prive, We then go the nearby vivo city to shop for a pair of shoes. I had been looking for a  pair of Rockport a week before my birthday but would like to bring Miss J to choose for me.She chose a blue colour one for me. Obviously, she likes blue a lot, I guess soon I would have a new spectrum of colour in my wardrobe.

We went to haagen daz for an ice cream, I ordered one ice-cream, flavour we really like, we shared the ice cream together and had load of conversation from then. I think the trick to really make Miss J happy is to bring her to ice cream parlour. I always got chemistry with her when we were in an ice cream parlour.

After our ice cream session, it was about 0610, we then wanted to take the MRT to the catalonya, a restaurant headed by a team who have worked with a 3 Michelin starred chef in Spain, Ferran Adria, whom is famous for its molecular gastronomy. One of the dish I liked particularly is the spherical olives. It was a special one.

After our meal, we went to lantern, a bar on top of one Fullerton, to bask in the beautiful view for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment