Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hunting property in JB

A text from chai ann asking me to join a property trip in JB last Saturday.

I had breakfast with Miss J at Tan Tock Seng coffee bean that morning, we were sharing about funny stories, and also a little about ourselves over coffee bean tea. We talked about how many people were chasing after miss J during this period of time and how special I am. I was over the moon, I must admit.

However, I must remind myself that, being able to spend time with Miss J is something I would treasure. I guess, it really doesn't matter to me on how many other potential candidates are there.

The breakfast was rather brief one, around 12 o clock, we were holding hands and walked towards UOB bank in novena square to meet Chai Ann.

I am going to JB that day to learn  a little bit about property.

After meeting chai ann, Miss J left chai ann and I and went for her zoo trip with her friend.

Chai ann and I went Cedele for lunch, it was a scrumptious meal. Especially when CEDELE got free baguette for patrons. I ordered earl grey lavender, a salad while chai ann ordered a thins and a glass of latte.
It was a good catch up session with her. I guess it is very important to catch up with friends once in a while as I have been overwhelmed with my work recently.

After our catch up session at CEDELE, we went to sembawang to meet chai ann's friend. His name is called Alan. He picked us up from the station and went straight to JB. I was sleeping in the car while chai ann was catching up with Alan along the way. I somehow joined their conversation while half sleeping all the while.

Upon reaching the season show room, we were  ushered by a very young lady with bracing in her 20's. She got this typical Malaysia ascent, which I could clicked comfortably immediately. She brought us to all the show rooms and explained about the development to us.

While we were looking at the 3rd room, chai ann's cousin came into the show room and looked for us, she is currently working in a architect firm in Singapore and stayed in Johor. I am keen to know about people commuting on a daily basis from Johor to Singapore for work. I wanted to know more about their life style.

Basically, she wakes up about 6am in the morning and car pool to Singapore, she said she would reach Newton MRT station around 830am and take the MRT or bus to work. She would reach office around 9 o clock. In the afternoon, she would leave the office at 530pm sharp. and reach home around 730 or 8 o'clock depends on the condition of the traffic. She said sometimes she would have some food in singapore before travelling back to Johor. I guess in total is about 4 hours of commuting on a daily basis. The good thing about this is that she works 5 days a week. I guess this would leave her a lot of recovering time at home during the weekend.

The expenses in Malaysia is rather different than in Singapore, as she needs a car and a house there, mortgage is about RM3k a month, car loan is about RM1k and other expenses is another RM1k in order to life comfortably in Johor. Perhaps, the commuting time is worth it after all, at least she got her own place in the end.

After our short visit in the show room, she brought us to her condominium in larkin, a place she rented for about RM1.3k for the whole unit and share between 4-5 people in total. The place wasn't fantastic, it was rather old and the maintenance doesn't look awesome too. On top of that, the pool is quite crowded with kids. I was rather shocked when I heard that the condominium is just only 4-5 months old, because from what I can see, it looks like a 10 year old building.

Thinking back to our conversation, if inflation is around 4-5 percent in Singapore, which way higher than our annual increment in Singapore. Eventually, in the next 5 years, I would have to stay further away from the city or in a smaller room. I guess this would not be ideal, really need to think of a way to work things out.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the treat! hahaha.. Is time for another properties excursion to JB? :p

    ReplyDelete