Monday, October 21, 2013

Weekend updates

2/10/2013- I met qian hui, a friend I knew since uni time during our badminton session. 

We catch up over a dinner in a Japanese restaurant in Somerset, Orchard Central. She is getting married soon this year and shall be settling soon in KL. After our dinner, we went to a nearby bar called 5 and had a quick drink. 

We talked about relationship, how I dealt with mine and how she dealt with hers. She also shared how her Mr Right proposed to her, which I think is rather useful to learn a little bit about it. Just to eliminate some of the unnecessary embarrassment. 

5/10/2013- I met up with A Lu again, this time, we had scissors cut curry rice near Farrer park, the meal was good, we then went to a awesome coffee place nearby Chye Seng Huat for a coffee. 

There were 5 of us in total, weiyang, Lu, Charles, Ocean and me. I ordered an Iced Coffee and delicious cakes. Although it was rather hot, as we were sitting outside, but it was fun to catch up with them. We talked about rubbish. I guess I am rather slow warming up in a conversation with a large group. I would normally prefer an one to one session for a proper catch up. However, due to Lu's limited time in Singapore to catch with everyone of us. This must be the best way for her. 

Of course, with Charles wit and A lu's humour, everything became a joke. :) 

After enjoying ourselves so much, we decided to send lu to terminal one. We all had a lot to catch up, even for among us who were working in Singapore. It has been a while since we last had a meal and a drink already. 

6/11/2013- I went badminton session with badminton mates, Jenny went along and played with us. I am so glad that she joined me. I have been missing this sport so much, I guess I have stopped playing for at least more than 2 months. Time has been so tough on me, that I couldn't even play my favourite sport for even a session a week for the past few weeks. 

As always, I enjoyed my badminton session with my dear badminton mates. It is more like a catching up session with all my badminton mates. Although I lost a few games, but it was good fun! :) 

12/11/2013- This was the third week saturday that I didn't go to work. I am enjoying myself with a longer weekend. hah! I would say this is the time of my non peak. My peak would be around January next year. So don't be surprise if I couldn't be found during the chinese new year period. I feel awesome for not going to work on Saturday. After a brief calculation yesterday, going to work for a half day on Saturday would be equivalent to work additional 26 days a year. This would mean one whole month! This is painful. Of course, when I decided not to sit inside an office I would have to work over the weekend. Maybe with a proper weekend. I could have a work life balance. 

The 26 days a year is just one part, due to my very limited annual leave. I still need to put in additional annual leave for my Saturday. 

Currently on my wishlist, no more working Saturday for my next job. I need to read. The proper way to calculate my next salary would be calculate the per hour rate instead of looking at the annual remuneration. There is no point to get high salary for selling time, most importantly is to learn how to buy time.

19/11/2013- My fourth week not going to work on a Saturday.Although I am breaching my employment agreement. This is worth it, as I am going to Eason's concert in KL. After my 'work from home' period at 1330. I took the MRT and headed to Changi Terminal one. Took an air asia flight to KL, took a taxi to our hotel in Furama. Met up with Low sai, Mau, Charles, Kai Ting, Howeiyang, Lu and Sze Yun. We took the Monorail from Jalan Imbi to Stadium Merdeka. It was drizzling that night, luckily the concert was a rain or shine event. At least it did not defeat the purpose of flying over the concert. I would be very disappointed if the concert is cancelled. 

There are things that I have noted during this particular trip about concerts in Malaysia. Do bring a rain coat, just in case it rains. Maybe I should check the weather before I go. Secondly, water and food are not allowed to bring into the stadium. Although I brought half a dozen of Krispy Creme in  accidentally. Thirdly, although watching from the cheapest seat would only allow us to see a very small Eason. I rely a lot on the big screen. And with the subtitles below while eason is singing, it feels like a mass karaoke session than a concert. 

All in all, I still enjoy the concert. It was a great one. After our concert, we went to Jalan Alor for a proper supper. It was the longest walk on a highway in KL that I could remember in my life. Walking in a big group on a highway is really something new. If someone drunk really drive into us, we had nothing to say. 
On the other side, it was a good experience to walk together in a big group exploring the heart of KL. 

After a long walk, we reached Jalan Alor, we had wonderful supper, a few rounds of drink and of course a lot of laughters. It was a good time. Thanks to Low Sai for inviting me to this event. I enjoyed myself very much. 

Looking forward to my next trip with Wilson and Teoh in Guangzhou this weekend. This will be my 5th weekend not working. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment