Monday, February 10, 2014

A mentor of mine

This post is about a friend I met in Urban Prototyping Hackathon 2013, whom is also a member of Pet rangers and also a mentor of mine in startup business. I felt so grateful to be able to know him in person and he is a person with integrity. He tweaked Pet rangers pitching in urban prototyping Hackaton week and managed to get us into finalists of Hackathon 2013.

Until today, I still felt that without him, I might not have a chance to explore startups, lead a group, be confident, manage a project and eventually how to kill an idea. He started off my journey in lean startup, planted the seed of thoughts in me and prepare my journey in coming years.

He guided our pitch, made it a lean start up, identifying the critical values in Pet rangers, which our messages are transferred to our fellow judges as well. He had got his own sustainable business which is called Pixaroll. Until today, he is still constantly growing and also nurturing people around him.

He has been a very motivating mentor and friend, nurturing me how to start off a sustainable business within a very short period of time and taught me about how to identify the single most valuable thing in a business.

He had given me the courage to venture into lean startup, and guidance.

His name is Ian Tay. It is a pleasure to be able to work together with him. Even for a short period of time, he has been a great support of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment