Sunday, September 13, 2015

Lunch with secondary school mates in Crystal Jade Palace Takashimaya

Woke up at about 12 o clock today, had lunch in Crystal Jade Palace with a bunch of secondary school mates in Takashimaya.
Majority of us were rather punctual, we all reached around 1330 except for Kaiting, who is slightly late. 

Generally our topics for this month were about Shannon’s wedding in Penang, How I slimmed down and Charles two months topic. My wedding preparation was also part of the conversation too, although I didn’t go into detail.

I gave an introduction about my slimming program. Putting an identity to a new me isn't easy task. Especially throwing a pitch to everyone on the table.Maybe I should do that more often and practice more with big tables. I suggest toastmaster will be very helpful. Looking forward for my next session. 

Crystal Jade Palace gave me the VIP room this time which is the same one when we did Shannon's farewell. 

10 of us joined the lunch; Aik Pin, Teo, Lun, Wei yang, Amelia, Charles, Aikpin, Alvin, Kally, Charles and Kai ting. Kai Ting was late for the meal.  Teo, Aik Pin, and Lun are singles there.

Aik Pin asked me about how I slimmed down and the effect was rather obvious. I explained to everyone that I got a personal trainer and also a consultant taking care of my diet. I saw Alvin is particularly interested with the fat loss program. I overheard that he is keen to contact a consultant to help him to conduct weight loss. 

Aik Pin told me that she has got an offer of GBP 38k per annum as a chartered surveyor in UK. Now she is waiting for her visa to be approved. And before her visa could be approved, she will need to get the sponsor to be ready first.All the best to her! I guess her last day will be around end of October so she will have to apply the visa earlier, the processing time for the visa will be two weeks. As during the application, she will not be holding her passport and will have to stay in Singapore for that time being. I always admire a person that is brave enough to take massive actions. Because Aik Pin is leaving Singapore, Chee Kiong now will be looking for a housemate for the depot road.

Charles mentioned about how he was mistreated by Joann previously in Depot road.Although he said it in a jokingly manner but still the entire atmosphere is rather weird. Especially when Kai Ting is there too.
Kai ting is thinking to move to Singapore to join us. She is looking for legal opportunity within corporate or real estate industry. She didn't say much except until the part when we were talking about their Europe trip this coming November as she will be the one planning for the trip.I offered to send her some itineraries from Serene to aid her planning. 

I said hello to Amelia, but we didn’t connect much throughout as she is sitting opposite me. I saw that she is particularly interested with my weight loss program. I also overheard that she went to Europe for a month too previously. 

Lun didn’t speak much that day apart from the kui hua kao. he likes the delicacy. We ordered additional 3 sets as dessert at the end of our meal. 

Teo was very hilarious although He seems to have problems with sinuses though. He told me one weird rules in their company is that they are all required to take one blocked leave every year so other people will be able to take over their account. Although he sat next to me but I just couldn’t speak much with him. Even things about our last meet up in Laopasat. We didn’t mention anything from then.

Teo and I also discussed about our Penang trip and stuff. 

One thing to note is that Shannon emphasized that we shall not wear black for his wedding. 

Wei Yang will now have to travel to Philippines once every fortnight. Each time will have to travel for about week.

Kally told us about their experience in maldives, they spent about 3k for two for about 6 nights. Alvin mentioned that the changes with the regulations there for their accommodation had bring down the price of the stay.

Alvin is planning to rent a car in Penang so that they can drive around in the city area to look for food. Charles jokingly said there is only Kally you can eat. Can't really look for any other food. 

We also argued about how smart casual should looked like. Definition by top man is formal clothing pieces are mixed and matched


I also announced to everyone that our next meal will be Aik pin’s farewell in October. She will be going to London soon.  It seems Aik Pin is not very group to the others except Alvin and Kelly there.

Generally I would say a great social event started in a awkwardly way, but ended up with loads of laughter. One good weekend spent with secondary school mates. 


We paid about 33 per person for today’s meal. . 

No comments:

Post a Comment