Monday, October 5, 2015

Story of a Muah Chee

When I was driving in Penang, heading to Kek Lo Si. 

I was stuck in a traffic jam when I was looking for a car park at the Ayer Hitam in front of the market. When i somehow saw a parking space, immediately I saw an uncle near to my car waving at me, directing me into the parking space. I guess he waved 3 times and then ran towards the place I parked my car. 

When I alight from my car, he asked RM3.00 from me, which I felt obliged to give as he looked old, filthy and poor. Not giving him make me felt like I am the worse demon in Penang. 

From the time I saw him till he collected his Rm3.00, I would suggest is probably less than 10 seconds. 

So technically,  he earns RM3.00 in less than 10 seconds. 

The story didn't end here. 

After I parked my car, I started to look for some Penang delicacy and saw an uncle selling Muah Chee on his old modified motorcycle with an old banner hanging. 

The uncle was sweating because of the heat from his motorcycle, he was also constantly stirring his homemade Muah Chee. When I approached him, I asked if he would let me try first before I place an order with him.

After trying his Muah Chee, I even asked if the Muah Chee could be heated up so that my friends could enjoy the Muah Chee. In a split second, I somehow become a Muah Chee critics, tasting Muah Chee in a michelin star restaurant. 

However, I dropped all my judgement when he said Rm3.00 for a packet as he reminded me of the previous RM3.00 I have spent or gave away a few minutes ago. 


Same RM3.00 but different amount of work/expectation. 

In life, it is not about the amount of work we have put in but is the amount of value that we could deliver. Focus on the latter instead. 

Larger amount of work not necessarily equal to the amount of value we could deliver. 


No comments:

Post a Comment