Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Success journal 574:Long weekend with my family and my Mother in KL

Day 1 6/8/2022 Saturday 
We chose KL for our Singapore long weekend holiday. Booked a MAS flight for the family, and we met my mother at the airport. We flew last Saturday afternoon and reached KL around 1630hrs. Met my mother around 1700hrs, and we picked up the car and went straight for Hokkien mee in old Klang road. 

After that, we checked in our chick hotel in KL Central called the loft. The decoration is very hip, and they even got a play area for the kids near the booking place. 

Best of all, they get a complimentary mini-bar for us. We spent our night together chit-chatting and taking care of Jacob. 

Day 2. 7/8/2022 Sunday 

We woke up and looked for the dim sum from Google, and I found the jing Xuan dim sum. The dim sum was terrible and not cheap. We spent like 100++, and it was entirely not worth it. My mum shared with me that my snoring woke up Jacob earlier while he was sleeping next to me. 

After our terrible breakfast, we then went shopping in mid valley. According to Jenny, it was a complete waste of time. 

We had a nice lunch in antipodean. 

After lunch, we returned to the hotel, took a nap, and ventured around KL for good food. We went sek yuen restaurant, and it was lovely. My mum picked up the bill. Jacob was a darling, and the table full of youngsters next to us was having fun with him. 

After our delicious dinner, we went to drive around KL and stopped at Bukit Bintang for a quick milk powder run. 

That is the end of our day 2. 

Day 3 8/8/2022 Monday 
Genting highland day trip- We started our journey from Genting around 9 am; we all packed in a Nissan and drove a 45mins ride from the kl center to the Awana station. Booked all my tickets in the morning with klook; their vouchers are direct entry tickets, which were hassle-free. 

We reached the Genting Highlands Premium Outlet around 10 in the morning. We then quickly took a cable ride to Sky Avenue. I love the weather. It was good. I could spend more time in Genting Highlands, although the pricing here is almost like Singapore. 
Jayden was very excited. I didn't get to spend much time with my mum when I got two kids around me. All of us are. I'm just too busy to connect. Going through the motion. 

We spent the whole day in Genting chilling, eating, and spending time in the indoor theme park. I bought four tickets which I should not. Should have just bought two as we can walk around the indoor theme park with jayden. So the other tickets are not necessary. 

After playing those rides, we took our cable car back to Awana Station for shopping. I was in charge of taking care of Jacob while Jenny went shopping with my mum and Jayden. There was an l
The playground there, and Jacob and I spent our time there playing with other kids. It was a joy to spend time with him.
After  that we had a bit of drama having dinner there. We end up having marry brown chicken as they don't have non-spicy chicken and burger king burgers. We then drove back to KL and called it a day. I seem to have an issue with the ordering part. Maybe I am more of a person without much consideration while making choices, or I am just not picky about my food. I should raise my standard because when I don't care, people will give me shit. 

Day 3 9/8/2022 Tuesday 
Fly day- We woke up at 0730hrs. Packed our things and got ready. We then checked out from the hotel. The hotel overcharged us for 40% of the total bill. Jenny settled that with their management, and they honored the bill. 
I dropped them off in the departure gates and I went to drop off the car. Said goodbye to my mother as she is going to KLIA 2 and we boarded our plane back to Singapore. 


No comments:

Post a Comment