Sunday, May 19, 2013

Dinner with Miss J @ Ma Maison

The date was set at 7.30pm at Ma Maison Central Clark Quay. We set the date about a week in advance. The restaurant is a fusion between French and Japanese cuisine. 

I arrived slightly earlier, about 6.45pm. I went to survey the restaurant and plan my route. As I was told that woman doesn't like the feeling of being lost. Typical egoistic man I am. 

At 715pm, I went to the nearest 7-11 in the MRT station and bought an Aloe Vera drink. Just to calm my self down a bit. I drank the 225 ml fruit juice in a few gulp and  I feel a bit calmer afterwards. 

Then, I started to text her, telling her that I reached MRT station already. She told me that she had also arrived but is waiting at the first storey concourse. Without hesitation, I went up to the concourse and look for her. The moment I walked pass Orchard Central main door I saw her immediately. She was looking at her phone texting me. 
She was wearing a pink colour sweater, a floral blouse underneath, high platform shoes and applied make up on her fair face. The impression is rather different from the first time I met her. Somehow, I think she looks good today. 

The moment we met, she started to speak in her mother tongue, Cantonese with me, I replied in English, and quickly tell her that my Cantonese is not as fluent as before. It would probably take me a while to learn the language back again. she switched to English comfortably. Eventually, we ended up chatting in English, with a tiny bit of mandarin and Cantonese. I guess, I stop worrying about our language barrier in the first 4 minutes we met. 

We moved on to Cheers, to get some Panadol for her, as she mentioned that she was not feeling well in the first place.After getting the pills, we went up to 3rd floor very swiftly according to the route which I had planned previously. Rather Cheeky! I guess these are some of the tactics a man would do during dating. 

During the journey, we talked about travelling, friends and some banters. I remember that she still vividly remember how I commented on her accent previously, as she doesn't reflect any characteristic of a Hongkie. I said, she looks too friendly for one of them. 

When we reached Ma Maison, we were seated at the table by the window, the ambiance is amazing. i.e. cosy warm light, river view, chequered table cloth and most importantly not too crowded. I was rather happy with my selection and probably feel proud about it now. 

I ordered Escargot as entrĂ©e,  hamburger steak and squid ink pasta for main, and a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. We then resume our conversation for the night. It was rather entertaining especially when the food, ambiance and companion are all above average for my standard. Although, I did choke myself with squid ink pasta and wine at some point, but it wasn't too horrible. 

I also ordered a brownies and ice cream dessert for share as to call it a day. The hot brownies melted in my mouth together with ice cream, which I think was sensational. We both liked the dessert. I must say that it was a great night for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment