Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Things I have learned from Tom Yuen in his preview.

I attended a preview yesterday and would like to jot down a few key points which I have learned from Tom.

He started off as an engineer, and worked in Sweden for the first 3 years of his working life, he then found the power of foreign exchange as the fund he received from Singapore government is getting more and more each year during 1980s as Singapore dollar is getting stronger and stronger.

There are a few critical points which he highlighted in his preview. One is to learn from others, this would not make you to become successful quicker but will definitely make your learning curve easier and also less painful.

I guess he had worked very hard for the past 20 years. and had mould him to who he is today.

After consideration, I would like to conclude:
  1. Starting risk capital for TA is SGD 20K. 
  2. Course is about SGD 4.4k.
  3. Learn how to learn from others. 
  4. Learn how to let go emotional attachment to my money/stock. They are just tools. 
  5. I need to use analysis tools in a way which is different from majority so that you are not part of the herding instinct. 
  6. Think of a sustainable way of making money
  7. Know myself more
  8. Adapt- after all it is all about surviving

No comments:

Post a Comment