Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Bangkok Trip 3/10-6/10/2014

There are a few life lessons learned during this trip, and would like to pen it down

  1. 30 Baht lesson- It is less than SGD 2.00 and RM 5.00 but because I was managing the money for the entire group and I received the change back from cashier after paying meals without noticing how much I have been returned. When one of my friends asked me about the bills I somehow couldn't answer them.
    1.  Lesson learned: Make sure to check the bills with everybody, especially when the bills are written in a different language. 
    2. Check the change given back to me and remember how much we have paid the cashier. I am not just a pocket, I am more than a pocket and I need to be vigilant and sensitive with numbers. 
    3. People always remember how they felt, as a finance officer for the trip, I need to know and ask for funds when the our fund is insufficient. Instead of not having any sufficient money when I reach the point of paying the bills. It makes people feel embarrassed. 
    4. I need to understand my roles (finance officer) and communicate clearly with all my team members during the trip.
  2. I dislike to take advantage of others, be thoughtful and I don't like others to take advantages of me.
  3. it is not about how much money we earn, it is about the mindset/habit and culture. 
    1. Despite they all earn a lot more than I do, but they just don't spend money on unnecessary stuff. 
  4. Don't let people to make a fool of you.
    1. Clever people they use their mouth and brain, while for those less clever ones, they use actions. 
  5. Ask for confirmation and make everyone agree with the schedule and cost.
    1. Think the right question and be loud enough is very important. This is to synchronize people's thoughts. 
  6. Showing the waiting place to all our travel mates is crucial
    1. People may get confused with the location to wait especially when we are all in a new place
  7. Learn how to ask critical question to nail the facts
  8. Understand a person preference/habit
    1. One of my travel mates couldn't decide whether to eat or not to eat until she sees the condition of the meal. 
    2. Some couples would have thousands of reasons when they are late
  9. We also discussed about friend selection and how it would assist us in our future. we have to target people on the higher floors and learn from their experience. They are there for a reasons and they can guide me there. There are a few criteria to look into when it comes to choosing a friends. Being kind-heart, generous, traveled a lot, keen to share, considerate and loving. 

2 comments:

  1. Handling a big group of people in a trip is no easy job...but it's fun! ;) Ultimately, what we remember in years to come are the laughter and crazy things happened. haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, I treat it more like a life lesson learned during the trip which is good. Looking forward for more to come. haha

      Delete