Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Success journal 522: Kota Kinabalu home bound

 It has been two and a half years. Since I last went back to KK. 

Last Friday morning, I sent Jenny and two kids to Changi airport, and they took an earlier flight. I wasted a lot of money on this trip. However, this trip is emotional, and I cannot afford to have any mistakes in between. Grateful for the idea, Jenny supported me in going back to KK with the kids. I nearly give up flying back due to all this stress. Glad we go ahead with the decisions. 

Bought subway, being grateful for my current situation, things are going good. Stable job, healthy body, supportive parents, aunty Jo and Shaun. 

Day 1 (Friday) 

I took a later flight, 1810hrs, and reached KK around 2110hrs. Shaun and mum fetched me from the airport. We then gathered together at home and connected over tea and cakes. 


Day 2 ( Saturday) 

Saturday Morning, we had breakfast in 88, gathering 2. Had Hong Kong noodles, dad seems to know someone around the eating places nowadays, and Shaun is becoming more extroverted. After breakfast, Jenny and I brought Jacob to Dr Tan, PD in Lintas, and we went to Yen Ai for my favourite drink. After Yen Ai, we went home to relax before our road trip to Bundu Tuhan. 

Around 1300hrs, we left KK and headed to Bundu Tuhan; it was a two and a half hours journey. I drove the Honda, and we struggled to find the place because the address wasn't shown clearly, and people around the area couldn't identify the place. 

Just before I reached the place, I accidentally drove the car off the road and causing the car to get stuck. Shaun brought our family members back to safety and sought help. A guy came and assisted us in getting back to safety. I tipped him 50 for his assistance. 

After the incident, we checked in the chalet, unpacked and went out to tour the area. Trying to find food. We ended up having our dinner at mount Borneo. After our meal, we went to Bataras to shop for some stuff. Back to the chalet, relax, drink some beer and chill. 

Day 3 ( Sunday) 

The morning view is fantastic. Took a few photos with the family, and we had breakfast in the chalet. Dad cooked eggs and a burger for us which is very rare. Took a photo of him with the grill. 

After our breakfast and packing stuff,  We drove to 89 stations for our early brunch. The meal is good. After our meal, we went to desa dairy farm. Long queue, but we made it. Saw a few calves and goats in the Pen. Took a few lovely photos and we travelled fo the spring garden, a beautiful place with loads of flowers and a river. We chilled around the area for a bit, and then we had a meal together in H Benjamin. 

Left kundasang around 1615hrs and reached KK around 1830hrs. We went straight home, settled Jacob and brought Jenny out for a meal in Lintas. We had the Jia Xiang noodles. It was good, but the price had been jacked up for quite a bit. Went back home and brought my family out for tea time. Had Hokkien mee. 

Day 4 (Monday) 

Had breakfast in Suria, the Sandakan noodles place. Reached there around 1000hrs, and it was filled very quickly upon opening. Jacob cried very severely, and we forgot Jacob's bag. Shaun offered to drive home and bring it back to us. That is very nice of him. We shopped for a while in Suria and bought some stuff. Went back home for a short nap as Jacob was not feeling well. 

After our nap, we drove to berringis for Jenny and Jayden horse riding. My parents are not comfortable with me. Asked me to drive them to paper. After horse riding for 1730hrs, we went to the nearest restaurant for a seafood fix. I paid rm300 for it. 

After seafood, we went straight home and rested. 

Day 5. 

Woke up at 0645hrs and went to airport T1. Left KK around 0930hrs. 




No comments:

Post a Comment