Friday, November 1, 2013

Conversation with my Boss about settling in Singapore

After working with my company for about 2 years, today is my first time to share a lunch with my adorable construction manager. He asked me out for lunch, sitting down in a smoking area, with ash tray on the table. We started to share our first meal together.

Although seeing my construction manager shouting and banging tables most of the time, he is somehow a rather very helpful person and also a friendly one with us.

I learned a little bit things from him about staying permanently in Singapore. In fact, he welcomes me to stay in Singapore, to continue contribute to the economy and also support company I guess. No matter what is his intention, I guess it is good to listen to what he tells me on how to own a HDB property in Singapore.


  1. I can put up a GIRO on a monthly basis to transfer part of my pay to property. This would definitely take out a bit part of my salary for me to save up, which I am thinking whether for me to listen to my boss's advice or someone's else. 
  2. Me and my partner would have to be a Singapore PR for at least 3 years before I can own a HDB. 
  3. I can only own one HDB.
  4. I can't own or upgrade my HDB once my joint income for the past few years exceeds 12k a month Yes I am talking about SGD (Fingers Crossed). So each of us would earn about SGD 6k and we are barred from upgrading our HDB. 

There are so much to learn about settling down in Singapore. I guess the best way to do so is to talk with people who had done so.:) 





No comments:

Post a Comment