Monday, November 11, 2013

Weekend

So what happened over the weekend

On Friday, right after work, I packed my stuff and went straight to Clark Quay to meet up with Choi Mei, Alvin, Lisa, Foh and Shannon for a meal at The sailors. The meal was normal, but rather over priced. We paid about $40 per head for the meal and it was not air conditioned. Seriously, I don't understand how those people would want to dine al fresco in Singapore. It was either too humid, hot or raining. I am not putting a rant here, but it just doesn't make sense at all to do al fresco dining in Singapore. So my suggestion for those who would want to do a comfortable al fresco dining. It is important to have outdoor air conditioner. 

After our dinner, we went a ice cream parlour nearby called Haato & Co, We ordered White coffee, Pistachio, Hazelnut chocolate and Mango. Basically, they were all too sweet. We quickly moved to SQUE for our 3rd round on the night.

By this time, Low sai joined us for a drink Jenny came alone too. It was a rather a fun night. Shannon left earlier after his pure blondes. We also mentioned about setting up a flexible group so that we all could meet up during working hours. Interesting group. Looking forward for our flexible out during our early weekends. 

After our night out in Clark Quay, we left for a beautiful supper in Swee Choon at Jalan Besar. It was a quick supper and we headed back to Novena.

Saturday Morning, I woke up without any thinking of work. It was great. We headed to IKEA at Queenstown to buy some of the crockery and cutlery for some of the home cooking in the future. Jenny said she would want to cook some soup and dinners in the near future, which I am looking forward to. 

Before we start any shopping at IKEA, we went to queue up for their awesome meatballs at their cafe. Their meals are delicious and value for money. No wonder families love coming to IKEA over the weekend. The place is just filled with loads of laughters. 

We went straight to shopping immediately after our hearty and cheap meal at IKEA restaurant. It took us about 1 hour to walk around the entire IKEA, after checking out, we went for another round of tea at TWG just opposite IKEA. 

Saturday night, Jenny went to her farewell dinner at MBS while I went to meet lowsai for a meal to catch up a little bit. 

We had our dinner at nom nom, it was good to catch up with a secondary good old mate after not meeting up for a long time. I hope time could have let us spend more time talking together. We talked about relationships, future plans ( as usual), ways to make money, to stay healthy etc. We covered about travel as well, how important to know more about the world when we were young. 

On top of that, we also talked about things we regretted in the past, if we could restart our life again, what would we do differently. For myself, I would do a work and travel in US and also travel to northern Europe instead of saving the cash now. I could be so much richer inside than to let inflation eat in all my saving. It is rather expensive to save now, especially when the us is printing 85 billion USD every month. 

After a meal with lowsai, I went back home to do some laundry and also to pack my stuff for my trip to Chiang Mai. It is one of my most anticipated trips this year. I guess travelling with a bunch of good friends is priceless. I regretted twice, so I tell myself not to miss any trip with such an awesome travel buddies I have got. I must say I am blessed to have them around me. I hope we could keep on doing this sustainably and make this an annual thing. 

Sunday, started with abit of drizzling, we went for a unique Australian restaurant at 40 craig road called The Plain, I would not want my blog to be a food blog, but I would like to capture all the moments, either sad or happy of course in this blog. I must reassure my self this is not a food blog. 

I ordered darlings and also humpty dumpy, both dish are reasonably served and priced. I guess I would want to go again in the future. After our meal, we went to travel around in china town to check on the IPHONE 5s gold price. Our strategy is to identify the market price first before selling off online. I feel like I am walking along the street in prontera, ( a city in a online game called Ragnarok Online) 

After that, we went to marina square for another tea session at St Marc. I guess, the place is rather pricey. Their portion is minute too. Since I am on diet, I think their portion fits me well. 

I then went to clementi for my badminton session with Andrew, I met Kelvin, Khai wen, wei ping, and also su rong. I enjoyed the badminton session, despite all the pain at my arms while I am writing this post, I guess I love it. 

By the time I reached home, miss J prepared a hearty soup for me.

It made my day and I feel so blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment