Thursday, November 21, 2013

Stock vs Property

So let's do a brief summary or at least something for us to differentiate between these two investment vehicle.

Advantages of Stocks: 

Very Liquid: Especially during critical time, it is easier to liquidate stocks from market to Cash than from property to cash.

Tax-Free: So far, all the earnings from stock market is still consider tax free

Transparent: Most of the information are online, it is accessible and hassle free. There are websites that could do a lot of filtering for me too. As time is rather limited, it is crucial for me to read things I need to read only.

Dividend: They got dividend like a passive income.

Disadvantages of Stocks:

Very Volatile: Due to sentiment, market react really quickly with news and black swan etc. It is crucial for investor to be emotionally stable during crisis.

Advantages of Property:

Tangible Asset:

Passive income: Fetch rental


Disadvantages of investing in property :

Illiquid- it takes longer time to change our property into cash.

These information is what I learned from Ken Chee session.


For conclusion, I think Tax Free and being volatile is rather attractive to me at the moment. So for now, I would concentrate on this vehicle first.




No comments:

Post a Comment