Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas 2013

It was my 2nd year of Christmas in Singapore. This year I am celebrating with someone special, someone I met in 2013 March, a lady who spent most of her time in Singapore with me and she had treated me well for all the while. 

Both of us enjoyed food and 'moments', but living in Singapore can be a major hassle. Especially going out to dine on special occasion like Christmas. We need to pre-book one month in advance. For this year, I have booked a place in Bukit Pasoh called The Clan. It offers a modern European dining experience with a fusion twist of Japanese cuisine. Although it was rather rushed in the beginning, but after slowing down the chef and also the servers, we somehow managed to get into our own world during the two hours of dining session. I understand that wasn't the best Singapore has to offer, but it was a great experience for myself. 

After meal at The Clan, I took MRT to Somerset and decided to walk along Orchard Road to soak some of the Christmas Fun together with People in Singapore. 

Orchard Road is basically filled with people and is too crowded to walk. Undeniable, the lightings and decorations in Orchard is impressive! Every year, Orchard road managed to get people flooded into this road just for their decorations & lightings. I still remember how I used to fly in to Singapore for Orchard road when I was young. I think the magic seems to wear off when we got a lot of sweaty tourists and overcrowded streets. The noise of the chipping birds at Orchard Road seems to be masked completely. 

After roaming with the crowd for a while, the pairing house wine hitting my head hard. I have drank a mixture of wines for the house pairing with my 6-course meal at The Clan. I felt dizziness as I couldn't catch my breath while walking with the crowd. I decided to take a cab back home and called it a day. I went straight to bed the moment I reached home. It was the best sleep ever. 


Merry Christmas Everyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment