Monday, December 30, 2013

Last week of 2013

Between these two celebrations, it has been a relaxing and fruitful week.

I met up with Chairman Mau on Thursday, for a meal at Kovan Thai Restaurant called Norkhon. Both Ocean and also Seah Hean were there too. Although this would be a rare gathering for us as Mau came all the way from KL and met up with some of his friends from KL who have been working in Singapore for quite awhile. Also, worth mentioned would be Kevin, a litigation lawyer from Penang working in KL at the moment. They shared some interesting stories about their clubbing experience in Singapore during the festive season, of course one being how the lawyer kissed an air stewardess in a club in Clarke Quay. Mau showed me the picture too just to proved that he wasn't joking. Of course, we also talked about our relationships and also things that have been happening around us. 

After our meal, Tony, a project manager and also a QS, asked if we would like to go for drink in New Asia, level 70  at Raffles City. We went for a drink, ordered a bottle and our catch up continues. With the rate of they drink, I can see that they are seasoned drinkers. I went back home around 1230, as I got work on the next morning. 

I skipped Friday Morning, as it was a usual work day, apart from meeting up Miss J at Little India,and went for a supper at Swee Choon at Jalan Besar. 

On Saturday morning, I woke up at around 7 O clock, rather late for my normal wake up time which is around 6 am. I then put on my clothes and somehow looked forward to go to work on a Saturday morning. I believe for this time around, attendance is very much appreciated. After work, I went to library to just borrow a book and then went to Mount Elizabeth Hospital at Orchard to visit Miss J whom had just undergone endoscopic therapy for her recent pain in the stomach.

We then went for a meal at Paragon Crystal Jade Golden Palace for a late lunch. This is to celebrate that nothing major were found in the stomach, at least for that moment. After our meal, we walked along Orchard Road and talked about things. The weather is rather windy and also a little bit gloomy that day. I ended my Saturday earlier and decided to go back home for a good rest. 

On Sunday Night, I spent time on planning my next Osaka Trip in February 2014.
On a side note, 

There are a few things, which I have been contemplating recently I have listed down below: 

  • It is so much easier to try things out when we are young compare to when we have got commitments after marriage. At least, when we failed, it is only me that is affected. 
  • Life has been very fragile, there are things that we can only prepare that much, and the rest of it would have to leave it to our fate. Of course, staying healthy, lean and happy are key too. 
  • I put more thoughts about investment, on how to protect my wealth in this complicated world nowadays. Surprisingly, I decided to talk less about it, not because the economy is going burst, but it seems that this would make friends, social circle or Christmas dinner a lot more comfortable. I just need to learn to pick the right time to talk about it. 
  • Mentor is important, a man without a mentor would probably take a longer route to achieve more things. 
  • Busy is a another form of laziness: lazy to think is the critical one. Spend more time on thinking. Establish a set of thinking process in order for me to execute critical activities in Life which could lead to a life which I always wanted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment