Friday, December 13, 2013

Stranger than stranger

Last Sunday, it was William Chua and Irene's wedding at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa. I went there on my own.

Until today, I am still contemplating whether if attending the wedding would be a wise choice as most of the friends I am going to meet there are related to Miss E.

Upon arriving at the awesome Amara Sanctuary Resort, I went to the reception, filled in my name and dropped the red packet in a box. I then walked towards the bar near the reception for a drink. While waiting at the lobby for the banquet to start. I started to saw Miss E. She was wearing a black gown and had her a different hairstyle set.

Without hesitation, I walked towards her to say hello to her, however, while I was walking towards her, my heart beats faster and faster with no reason and the entire feeling is just getting a little bit awkward and confused. Every steps I took towards her, It seems that there is a gentle slope, and is making my knees weaker. By the time I get really close to behind her, where she could hear me. She took her camera phone out and started taking pictures of the cupcakes in front of the reception desk near the main door. For one moment, I didn't how to address her which would be more appropriate or how and where I should put my hands. I was in Timbuktu.

'Hi (her name)' I finally uttered it out and in as formal as possible while she is facing the table full of cakes and awesome mini macarons while still holding her camera phone snapping photos.

'Hi' She replied me

'When did you arrive?' I asked while looking at the table of cakes as well.

'Just only'  She replied and raising her camera phone snapping some more pictures.

My conversation with her has just ended prematurely when an aunty walked into us and started to comment on the cakes and decorations.

She then walked off to the reception and say hello to her friends.

From that moment onwards, we became stranger than stranger.






No comments:

Post a Comment