Monday, April 28, 2014

21KM Run for tomorrow 350

After my long awaiting 21km run, it was here yesterday.

I woke up at 4am, prepared and took a cab heading to FI pit building. The starting point of the 21km run. Despite sleeping at 12 midnight and woke up at 4am. I don't feel tired. Probably I am rather too excited. This would be my first 21 km run.

upon reaching F1 pit building, I could see a lot of people there preparing themselves for the run. It was rather crowded. After waited for a while, the moment before we are about to start running, There goes an announcement by the organiser saying that there is a category one rain and lightning at Nicole Highway, and is heading towards us.  I found a place for myself at a tent and waited there with all my gears on. Waiting for the next announcement with is due at 15 minutes time. Although I feel agitated, however, looking at the heavy rain out side. I somehow felt good that the organiser didn't let us run. If we would have started to run, I would have become all wet. just a few minutes after the run started.

We all waited for another 15 minutes and the next announcement was that the organiser decided to call off the 21km run. However, the organiser will distribute all the entitlement to us. I immediately texted Chai Ann that the organiser had decided to cancel the 21km run due to weather conditions, they even sent us a text.

Chai ann reached about 630 and I joined her and her colleagues for the 10km run instead. Since I have already travelled so far, might as well just run for fun with them. there was this surprise guest this time, Sinyee is joining us too, she brought us some bananas too.

After a quick chat, the race started at 7am. I ran for about one and a half hours. While fast walked with Chai ann at the beginning of the race. I guess, the cancellation of my 21km made this 10km run more like a social run now. After completed the 10km run, we then took some pictures with our medals and also my finisher Tshirt. We then went to Macdonalds in Raffles city for Breakfast with Chai ann's friends.

They got William, Nana, Bonnie, Sin Yee, Chai ann, carlo and some new friends joining us for breakfast.

After our breakfast, I then went back novena to wait for Miss J at the Gym as she was attending the Zumba Class. It looks rather fun. While I was waiting for her, I surfed the net, lift some weight and etc. I guess in between, I was rather amused to just look into the classroom. They were all very motivated and really enjoying themselves while doing zumba. I would probably consider to join them one day.

After our gym session, we then went back home and had some light bites. I had shower and a short nap.

We then walked to the flower supplier at thomson road, bought some flowers home and Jenny started to cut some.

While Jenny was cutting flowers, I was preparing ourselves mushroom spaghetti,

Did laundry, read some news, drink a few cups of tea and then went to bed.

It was rather another relaxing Sunday, despite my work is at my peak. This would be my ideal Sunday.

Happy man!

No comments:

Post a Comment