Monday, April 14, 2014

Social Sunday 13/4/2014

I started my Sunday before 8, probably that is the time I normally get up for work. For this Sunday, it was a day which I host a gathering for some of our secondary school mates in East ocean. 

Before heading for our brunch at Ngee Ann city Tower A, East ocean, I took a cab to Lucky Plaza. There are a lot of domestic helpers from Philippines remitting money back to their country. Putting myself in a queue with over 99 % of them are female domestic helpers, I feel overwhelmed and somehow blend in. 

After settling some issue there, I then walked towards Ngee Ann city which is opposite lucky plaza. We were running late, it was about 1126 when were still opposite Ngee Ann. However, despite arriving there on time. I somehow is the first one to reach the restaurant, I then quickly register myself with the lady at the counter and started calling my friends. 
For this occasion, instead of just 12, we got more people than what I have booked for. We got Teo, Joann, Foh, Joy, Aik Pin, Kally, Lun, Read, How Wei Yang, Joseph, Karen, Shannon, Zoey, Jenny and I. A total of about 15 of us. There is some minor communication breakdown at the beginning but things are sorted very quickly and we are much more settled within minutes. 

After our meal, we went to walk around Ngee Ann, get a birthday present for Noah and a dozen of Crispy Kreme. I always feel excited to buy fatty food in bulk. They just make me feel awesome. 

After getting both, we then went to east coat park, pit 33 near carpark D2. The weather was good, windy and not sunny at all. When I was approaching the pit, I saw balloons tied on the tables and kids wandering around the tables and food on the tables. Said hello to Damien and Doreen, father of Noah and passed them the food and also present to Noah. We then meet a few more new friends and chat around. We ended our party around 630. and we then decided to have a meal with Angela's Parents and Suzie's Family in Imperial treasure at Great world City. 

Despite feeling exhausted at the end of the day, I am feeling happy to be able to meet up with new friends and catch up with some good old friends. 




No comments:

Post a Comment