Friday, June 10, 2022

Success journal 539: Grounded in Singapore

27th of May 2022

We are grounded in Singapore, and they require additional information to process my visa.

The reason is that I overlooked an email from Australia home Affairs. 

Lesson learnt, never take authority's email lightly. This is not the 1st time I have missed such an important flight. The 1st round is in the UK, missing the flight back home.

That is my blunder. I overlooked the flight time.

For this time around, I overlooked the visa email. No one else to blame but to take up the responsibility. 

When I missed the flight on the 27th of May, the Jetstar staff Mr Ravi patiently asked me to wait in the hall for the visa to be approved. I have yet to receive my visa for Australia at the point of writing this blog,

We then withdrew all our bags and went home. The feeling is devastating for the family. We lost around sgd 2k for all the bookings that are non-refundable and a penalty for rescheduling the next flight. ( excluding flight ticket) If I include the flight tickets, will be even more. 

I need to write this down carefully so I will not miss a flight or overlook a visa again. 

28th of May 2022 ( Saturday) 

I kept refreshing my email for updates daily for the visa, being hopeful. Finally, Jenny organised a trip to Kallang water park called splash and surf. 

29th of May 2022 ( Sunday) East Coast Park Family Cycling 

We have checked with Jet Star for the next available flights, and we started to plan for plan B. JENNY WILL BRING JAYDEN TO Melbourne if I can't get my visa by Wednesday. Can't waste this 2 weeks' holiday. We went to east coast park for cycling and had lunch at the Parkway Parade. After our lunch, we went home with little hope of flying on Sunday. 

30th of May 2022 ( Monday) 

Check visa day, we went to the orchard for shopping while checking our visa 

31th of May 2022 ( Tuesday) 

we went to east coast park, coastal grove playground 

1st of June 2022 ( Wednesday) Jenny and Jayden's fly day 

Apparently, we were told there was a flight to Melbourne today. We packed our stuff and went to the airport, ready to fly off. I have given up on my visa. The flight was cancelled. We spent some time in the jewel and had 

2nd of June 2022 ( Thursday) IMM, JEM and science centre

Brought Jayden to Science centre, he enjoyed it and learned a lot of stuff

3rd of June 2022 (Friday) I-light Marina bay sands

Went to Marina bay sands for the light festival. We had dinner at the food court to save costs. 

4th of June 2022 (Saturday) Preparing to fly on Sunday 

We spent most of our time at home, preparing to fly. Clean our house, take care of Jacob and Jayden and rest well. 

5th of June 2022 (Sunday) FLY DAY! 

Finally, we managed to fly. Jenny and jayden to Australia and Jacob and I to KK. We checked in the terminal together as a family. Bought drinks at Starbucks. I met my cousin and his family at the airport.

The flight back to KK is not too bad. Everyone was accommodating. I got a stranger next to me making milk for me. A few rows of strangers entertained Jacob while he started to cry for a bit. We touched down at KK around 8pm and went for dinner in Delicious curry House. I met Miss A in the restaurant, and we hugged and briefly connected. His dad could barely walk now. 

Finally, we are away from Singapore! 




No comments:

Post a Comment